August 2018

Dear members,
Dear friends,

I hope my message will find you well in the middle of this warm summer. I am taking the opportunity of this newsletter to bring you some fresh news from the front. 

A lot of exciting things have been happening at the EES since last time regarding the realisation of our vision. 

Following our wish to transform ourselves in a 21stcentury research institute, it was important for us to value our two most important assets, our library and archive. Thus, last June, we appointed Stephanie Boonstra as our new Collections Manager. 

I am very thrilled to be working with her, as she has so many interesting ideas about how to emphasise our collections. I want to take this opportunity to publicly welcome her on board! I encourage you all to come meet her at our office if you haven’t still done so. 

I am sure most of you will already be aware that we succeeded in getting a new concession in Sudan. Last July, I travelled in Sudan and signed the official paperwork allowing the EES to work in an area of approximately 8 km sq. in the vicinity of the Third cataract near the modern village of Habaraab. 

Among the many antique features, we will have the opportunity of working on are a certain number of Ramesside graffiti and a stone village dating of the New Kingdom that can remind the Amarna stone village and the workmen’s huts (‘village du col’) of Deir el-Medina. 


The first campaign is intended to take place next February and I am very excited to announce you that Carl and Stephanie will join me during most of the mission. It should be an amazing experience for all of us and I am looking forward to presenting you the results of our first season at Habaraab. 

So until next time, I am wishing you al the very best! 

Thank you for your support and I hope to see you all at our next study day on the 24th November. Save the date!

Cedric

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

August 2017

October 2017

March 2018